Restaurant Criteria: Prince Edward Island restaurants with the capacity to purchase and serve Prince Edward Island seafood products.
Chef Criteria: Cooks and creative minds who are currently employed at a Prince Edward Island restaurant.
The First Wave Seafood Starter: App
1 Species required from list
Hooked Up With Flavours: Main
2 Species required from list
Lobster, Rock Crab, Snow Crab, Mussels, Oysters, Scallops, Bar Clams, Soft Shell Clams, Quahaugs, Halibut, Bluefin Tuna, Smoked Salmon, Eel
All seafood species/products must have a guaranteed PEI origin.
Awards and Prizing:
- Islanders Choice Award –The First Wave Seafood Starter – Restaurant Plaque and $500
- Islanders Choice Award –Hooked Up With Flavours – Restaurant Plaque and $500
Information on Dishes:
Each restaurant will be required to develop one dish per category and be required to participate in both categories in their division. Dishes are required to be on the menu for the full promotion period. The participating restaurant will be required to keep sales data on the promotion menu for evaluation of the project.
Category winners will be determined by consumer voting at www.bestofsea.com. Each award will be presented to the restaurant with the most votes in each category.
The dishes in the Creative Cooks Division (The First Wave Seafood Starter and Hooked Up With Flavours) will not go to Canada’s Smartest Kitchen (CSK) for judging.
Timelines and Deadlines:
- Confirmation of Restaurant Participation, Forms and Dish Submission – April 21, 2017
- Professional Photography for Participating Restaurants – April 30 to May 15, 2017
- Best of Sea Promotion – June 1 to June 30, 2017
- Best of Sea Winners Announced – July 2017
- Submission of Restaurant Data and Feedback – July 31, 2017
$200 Participation Fee is 2 x $50.00 Restaurant Gift Certificates
Deadline for applications is April 21, 2017. Please note that the promotion is subject to capacity limitations.