Blue Mussel and Noodle Bake
Photo: PEI Mussel Industry Council
Write a review
- 4 lb fresh cultured blue mussel meat cooked and shucked
- 12 oz thin noodles, cooked and drained
- ½ cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tbsp green pepper, chopped
- 1/3 cup flour
- 4 cup milk
- ¾ cup dry white wine or broth
- 2 ½ slice swiss cheese
- 1 pinch grated paprika
- 1 pinch salt & pepper, to taste
- Rinse the fresh blue mussels in tap water.
- Place cooked fresh blue mussels and noodles in a 4-quart (4-L) casserole dish. In a large frying pan, melt half the butter adding mushrooms and green pepper. Sauté until tender.
- Remove from heat and place vegetables in casserole dish. Add rest of the butter to the pan, blend flour, and then milk. On a low heat, Add salt and pepper to taste, stir constantly until thick.
- Remove from heat, stir in wine (or broth) and pour sauce into casserole dish. Toss all ingredients to coat with sauce, sprinkle cheese on top and colour with paprika.
- Bake, uncovered, in preheated 350°F (18°C) oven for 45 minutes.
Best of Sea http://bestofsea.com/