Island Steamers with Fennel, Tomato and Lime
Photo: James Ingram
Write a review
- 4lb fresh steamer clams (washed free of any sand)
- 1 cup small diced fennel
- 1 cup small diced tomato (skin removed)
- 1 tbsp yellow curry paste
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- ½ cup coconut milk
- ½ cup whipping cream
- ¼ cup lime juice
- Salt and pepper
- Saute the fresh clams, fennel tomato and curry in the butter for 1 minute.
- Add the coconut milk, cream and lime juice and bring to a boil.
- Cover then let simmer for about 8 minutes over medium heat or until the clams are opened and the meat can be easily pulled away from the shell.
- Taste the broth and adjust the seasoning with salt if necessary.
- Transfer the clams to a large bowl or casserole dish.
- Pour the remaining broth over the clams and sprinkle with cracked pepper.
- Serve with crusty bread and lime wedges.
Best of Sea http://bestofsea.com/