The perfect lobster chowder should age at least five hours, so prepare it well ahead of time.
Write a review
- 1 ½ cups cooked lobster meat, diced
- 2 tbsp quick-cooking rice or 1 cup of cooked diced potatoes
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp onion, finely minced
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups light cream
- 2 tbsp butter
- Combine rice or potatoes, salt, pepper, paprika, onion, milk and cream in a saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently for 10 to 12 minutes or until the rice softens.
- Stir in the lobster and butter.
- Remove from heat, cool and store in the refrigerator.
- You may add other seafood such as mussels, scallops, clams.
- Just before serving, reheat the chowder over medium heat, stirring frequently.
Best of Sea http://bestofsea.com/