Lobster with Thai Red Curry and Tropical Fruit
Write a review
- ¼ cup each of diced pineapple, papaya, banana and mango
- ¼ cup red pepper, diced
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 2 whole cooked lobster, thawed
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 medium onions, large diced
- 2 tsp garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp ginger, chopped
- 2 tsp red curry paste
- 1 398ml can coconut milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp honey
- Tropical Fruit
- Combine the tropical fruit, red pepper, cilantro, sesame seeds, sesame oil and lime juice in a bowl and mix ingredients. Set aside.
- Remove the claws and crack open to remove the meat.
- Chop the lobster meat, then cover and refrigerate.
- Remove the stomach parts of the lobster body and rinse the body shell under cold water to clean.
- Refrigerate the body shells and discard the claw shells.
- Thai Curry Sauce
- Melt butter in a sauté pan over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook, stirring frequently until well browned and tender about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add the garlic and ginger; continue to cook for 1 minute.
- Add the curry paste, coconut milk, salt and honey. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the chopped lobster meat, bring to a boil and then remove from the heat.
- To Serve: Spoon the lobster mixture into each of the four half-body shells and spoon the fruit mixture to the side of the lobster.
Best of Sea http://bestofsea.com/