Photo: PEI Mussel Industry Council
Write a review
- 5 lb fresh blue cultured mussels
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- ½ cup chicken or vegetable broth, or water
- salt and pepper
- fresh, flat-leafed parsley, finely chopped (optional)
- Rinse fresh blue mussels in tap water and set aside. Discard any mussel that does not close after being rinsed.
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add garlic and saute until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add stock, salt and pepper. Tip mussels into pan and cover. Leave to steam for 5-7 minutes, until mussels are open. Discard any mussels that are not open. Toss with chopped parsley.
- Transfer mussels to a large bowl.
Best of Sea https://bestofsea.com/